Keeping your children safe and healthy is our utmost priority.
- CLA is a fully licensed by State of Utah Bureau of Child Care Licensing. Our centers comply with all health and safety requirements of the State, and undergo two compliance visits by State Licensing per year.
- Teachers are trained in CPR and basic First Aid and are required to undergo and pass an intensive background check.
- Each location has a surveillance system which records the events of each day.
- Each location’s exterior door is secured by a keypad entry system, which allows access to only those with prior approval.
- Centers are kept to a high standard of cleanliness to ensure the most sanitary environment. Toys and surfaces are disinfected routinely.
- Our sick policy helps ensure that children remain as healthy as possible.
- Each center completes a routine safety check to ensure a safe environment.
Our teachers are trained to provide the best early learning experience for your child through nurturing and meaningful relationships.
- Before independently working with children, each staff member must complete 5 hours of orientation training as well as classroom observations. Our Education Specialist trains new staff members, and ensures each has the ability to perform sufficiently in all skill areas.
- Ongoing professional development support follows orientation to ensure our teachers are supported, actively engaged with the children, and current on Early Childhood Research.
- All staff are required to receive at least 20 hours of continuing education each year. Teachers have opportunities to attend various Early Childhood conferences and pursue specialized training.
- In addition to implementing an evidence-based curriculum, teachers are trained to enhance each child’s social intelligence through kindness and individual relationship building.
We carefully and creatively plan each day’s activities to maximize your child’s potential. We have an evidenced-based curriculum and amazing communication methods so your child is learning and you have a front seat!
- We use Creative Curriculum, and evidenced-based system developed by Teaching Strategies which helps provide children with developmentally appropriate programming that supports active learning and promotes progress in all developmental areas:
- Creative Curriculum is child-focused and experience based in which children engage via investigative learning. To see an example of the Creative Curriculum in action, watch Creative Curriculum Overview.
- We use Brightwheel, an application (app) to aid in open communication between parents and teachers.
- Brightwheel allows you to be actively involved in your child’s learning experiences and achievements. It also provides real-time updates regarding such things as your child’s meals, toileting, and napping. Photos and videos can also be shared via the application. These features inspire confidence in knowing your child is well cared for and having a positive experience.
We provide healthy meals and snacks to help fuel your child’s mind and body. Breakfast, lunch, and two snacks are provided daily. Each center participates in the Top Star Program, a Salt Lake County Health Department initiative dedicated to the health and wellness of children. We are recognized by Top Star as a high ranking program.
- We use a rotating menu which incorporates whole grains, fresh fruit and vegetables, and lean proteins.
- All meals are prepared fresh using whole ingredients.
- Menus are posted in each center and are available for download upon enrollment.
- We support breastfeeding mothers and have the equipment and training to serve expressed breast milk to infants.
- Infants transitioning to solid food are offered freshly pureed produce. We do not buy prepackaged baby food.
Downtown Salt Lake
35 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Like us on Facebook!
South Salt Lake
1110 West 3300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
Like us on Facebook!
Salt Lake City
2001 S State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Like us on Facebook!